Jimmy Green Marine
Rope Recycling Initiative in Beer, Devon.
Jimmy Green Marine have launched an initiative for accepting old rope for recycling.
Their main Rope Manufacturer LIROS, actively recycles ropes and grades the materials for reuse in other products.
NOTE: They are currently making it a local service (South-West England in Beer, Devon) to ensure that the carbon cost of transporting the rope does not outweigh the benefit. They will collect and store unwanted rope until there is a sufficient quantity to efficiently return it to LIROS for recycling.
Electric Propulsion Retrofits
A main service provider in the North West England with modern facilities for the repair and restoration of modern and traditional yachts. Working closely with a range of electric propulsion and system manufacturers, now offer the choice of having an electric/hybrid inboard or outboard system installed in place of existing diesel/petrol engines
North Devon Marine
Consultants for a cleaner ocean.
We are consultants for the decarbonisation of maritime; conservation technology and operate in the Southwest UK as a research and innovation hub.
Sailing without diesel, with expeditions that pool valuable marine science data, whilst we test the next generation of power and propulsion. From sailors for sailors, we provide unbiased support for a cleaner ocean.
Our mission is to significantly reduce the impact we have on marine life, by influencing the shift to net zero. Conservation technology; this is who we are and this is what we do.
- PlainSailing.com is a planet-first yacht charter agency. Their operations are carbon negative, and they support the Ocean Foundation’s seagrass growing project, helping to keep our planet alive!
- UK-based, offering award-winning Yacht & Catamaran Charter Experts in Greece, Croatia, the Med & Caribbean
- A super-responsive customer service, dedicated to helping customers throughout the booking process, and even when you are out on the water to help you make the most of your time off work.
Responsible Boat Disposal
Boat Disposal offer a Boat Re-Homing services, a way to dispose of an old boat at minimal cost both to the nature and boat’s current owner.
They find new caring enthusiasts, who will take the boat for restoration or re-use.
Clearwater Rating Ltd
A not for profit company.
Clearwater Rating addresses a need in the leisure marine market for an objective, independent assessment of the environmental credentials of a boat or superyacht.
The Clearwater Rating system has been carefully researched to take into account environmental legislation and realistically incorporated best practice. It enables a manufacturer or owner to work though clearly defined steps that examine the impact of a leisure vessel upon air and water quality, energy consumption, noise pollution, seabed, foreshore, wildlife and global resources. One of seven ratings, from Bronze through Gold, can be earned.
Marine GRP Recycling – GRP boats disposal and recycling
We give the end-of-life GRP boats the treatment our planet and the boats themselves deserve.
The boats are not left to rot in harbours and fields, nor they are disgorged to landfills around the country.
We remove all the reusable bits, clean dangerous substances off the hulls, cut and compact the hulls to provide cleaner fuel for Waste-to-Energy plants.
Leyton is a global innovation funding consultancy. Across all sectors, businesses of all sizes rely on us to secure new revenue streams benefitting their transformation and growth.
Our specialist R&D and energy experts identify opportunities and schemes most relevant to your business to deliver maximum returns in tax credits and grant funding.
Leyton is passion about protection of the environment. Our participation in sailing and the work of our energy department which conducted the first carbon footprint analysis of a Class40 racing vessel reflects our commitment to supporting innovative environmental transition initiatives across the marine industry.
Yacht Carbon Offset Ltd.
Carbon Offset: provision of carbon offset solutions to yachts, ships, other vessels & associated businesses.
- We calculate the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from the quantity & type of fuel that you specify. We can extend this to cover flights, shore power etc.
- We allocate GHG reductions from independently verified green energy projects, to offset client’s emissions tonne for tonne. The projects are relevant to the yachting community, reflecting client’s preference for technology or location where available.
- We issue you a personalised Yacht Carbon Offset certificate that shows exactly which fuel has been included.
- Our fully-documented quality management system, covering the whole service delivery process, is regularly audited by Lloyds Register Quality Assurance to ISO9001.