- This event has passed.
Webinar: Sustainable Anchoring & Moorings – Protecting our Marine Habitats
February 15 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pmFREE
Join our live webinar to find out more about the importance of marine habitats such as seagrass and maerl, why they are under threat and how the boating community can play an important role in helping to restore and protect these habitats for the future health of people and nature.
This webinar is being delivered as part of the LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES Project led by Natural England, of which the RYA and The Green Blue are project partners. Other partners include the Marine Conservation Society, the Ocean Conservation Trust and Plymouth City Council.
This webinar will include a focus on the Project’s work in the Fal & Helford in Cornwall.
To accompany the webinar you can download our free guide ‘The Green Guide to Anchoring & Mooring‘.
- Introduction to the LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES Project
- What is seagrass and why is it important?
- What are the threats to seagrass?
- How can the boating community help protect seabed habitats?
- Update on project activities in the Fal and Helford Special Area of Conservation in Cornwall.